Here are some writing-related German terms that might help you buy your next German (likely vintage) fountain pen!
Anything in quotes is a direct translation as opposed to the equivalent English term.
- füllhalter = fountain pen
- druckbleistifte = “pressure pencil”
- kugelschreiber = ballpoint pen, “ball writer”
- tintenschreiber = “ink writer”
- mechanik-füllhalter = piston filling fountain pen
- mehrfarbkugelschreiber = “more color pens”
- mehrsystemschreiber = “multi system writer”
- fein faserschreiber = “fine fiber pen”
- textmarkierer = highlighter
- feder = nib, “feather”
- tinte = ink
- tintepatronen = ink cartridges