The Fisher AG7 is the Original Astronaut Space Pen. It’s the quintessential, iconic space pen that people think about when they recall the pen that supposedly cost millions of dollars to produce and sold for hundreds of dollars apiece (when the Russian cosmonauts were outfitted with pencils).
Also Read: Fisher AG7 vs CH4 Space Pen Comparison
The AG7 Space Pen (Anti-Gravity 7) has been around since the 1960s but is still sold today. It’s mostly sold in chrome, but there are a number of special edition that can take the price from its street price ($41.84) to well over $500.
The AG7 is a brass pen that is usually coated in a nickel plating. It’s s push-button retractable ballpoint pen with a side release. The refill it uses is even more famous then the pen itself: it’s the Fisher PR4 pressurized refill.
The AG7 pen is made in the USA.
AG7 Space Pens Variants
Some of the special and limited editions include:
- AG7 – The classic AG7 pen in chrome-plated brass
- AG7-SH – Standard AG7 with gold shuttle on clip
- AG7E- Classic AG7 with July 20, 1969 (moon landing date) engraved on it
- AG7-50LE – Apollo 11 50th Anniversary. Black Titanium nitride with engraving. Only 500 made.
- AG7-45LE – 45th Anniversary of the Moon Landing. Black titanium nitride with engraving.
- AG7-LE – Apollo 7 50th Anniversary. Gold titanium nitride
- SPS-AG7BLTN-Mark Brown – Mark Brown astronaut series pen. Blue titanium nitride
- AG7C- Black titanium nitride with chrome plunger
- SPS-AG7SH-Mark Polansky- Mark Polansky astronaut edition with gold shuttle on clip
Fisher Space Pen AG7 Original Astronaut Space Pen Information
|Street Price||Check Price|
|Manufacturer||Fisher Space Pen|
|Barrel Color||Silver, Black, Grey, Gold|
|Grip Color||Silver, Black, Grey, Gold|
|Country of Origin||USA|
|Capped? Retractable?||Retractable - Top Button|
|Length Capped / Retracted (cm)|